Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have a 1975 4 door and am trying to remove the panel trim that runs along the side of the car, from the front fenders to the rear of car. I see they are riveted in, do I need to remove these? Or do they pop off somehow? Thanks

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,838 Posts
Hi ericjg86

First off ........... WELCOME To SNS ........ and, glad to have you here .

Then, your "side trim molding" ........... to remove :

go to one of your rear doors ... & open -- look at the door 'inside door frame' where the trim is : should be a stud / or / screw located on that area. Each door (all 4) will / should have --- what we called a " T-bolt " - holding each end of each trim molding , on each door.
Open your trunk lid .. Look at the inside of your 1/4 panel on each side ... you may see some T-bolts in there.
At the front fenders : look inside the L/F fender (like you are looking at the 'L/Fender side marker light -- ( where you remove the marker light bulb). Should be one / or / more T-bolts holding the fender trim on ... even look at the rear section of your fender -- by your 'door hinge. Check each end on each door for T-bolts.
(same thing on the R/fender --- & R/R 1/4 panel).
What I mean is : the trim molding is (should be) held in position with SOME of these T-bolts (they were used to keep the trim from moving) . BUT ... down the mid-section of your trim ... GM used
"plastic snap on clips" ( area where you can-not reach).
To keep from bending your trim-molding : you have too remove ALL the T-bolts / nuts 1st. when you reach that point ... the trim just "snaps - over" the center clips.
You can use a SMALL screw driver to help get the 1st few 'plastic snap -on clips to "un-snap" .

Once you get one trim molding off --- you'll see --- ALSO, these cars are old -- someone could've installed different "clips - or - T-bolts", or screws.... in other places (like doing body repairs).

I hope this may help ........ Try Not To Bend those moldings ... they cost $$$ ...... good trading parts ...... :yes:

Reactions: Chicago77Rally

·
Registered
1969 Nova . . 2dr . . Chino Valley,Az USA
4,838 Posts
How 'bout a Picture :

I hope this helps ...... click on the "top Bar ... for closer look ...

Reactions: Chicago77Rally
1 - 3 of 3 Posts