Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could someone tell me how to remove the rear side windows from a first gen wagon . I am striping the car for paint and would like to remove them . I have removed all the interior trim already.
Thanks, Chris

·
Registered
242 Posts

little metal clips on the inside of the window held in with a philips head screw
remove them and then its just a gasket holding it in ...cut the gaskets and replace them its pretty easy..use some sealer when you reinstall.
3m makes some in a caulk tube i cant remember the number, if you search the windshield seal posts its on there
hope this helps
craig

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yes, they are all the same from 63-67. Thanks for posting the tips, that's the next door to be done. :)

DW

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can the glass be removed without cutting the seal? I replaced the windshield and was able to reuse the seal for that.
Chris

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They came out easier than I thought.:) Thanks.
anyone know what to use for sealer /caulking to re-install?

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think 3M sells something for that.

Any of you guys replace the top and vertical glass channel run? If so, what did you use? (not the really fuzzy felt stuff, it's rubber).

DW

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ah-ha!! Chevy2Only has a whole kit glass channel run for the 4-door/Wagon

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb...~S2N70KF1HP15120210516c~Z5Z5Z5~Z5Z5Z50000132A

It took me 2 days to find this one, and it was right there on C2O. Every other place had 2-door post/sedan only.

If you are replacing the window felts, and the the other quater/vent window gaskets, I reccomend replacing this stuff as well. Mine came off in strips it was so dry-rotted... :eek:

DW

1 - 13 of 13 Posts