Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just started my Stainless son another car its so simple but you need a good buffer / polisher i have a 300+ Baldor dual speed to do plastics witch requires lower speed i would recommend you go to YouTube watch some video's and practice.
My wife has a mini-lathe with three different buffing wheels set up on it that she uses to polish wood. I wonder if that would work?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I used an SOS pad on my trim and chrome. Everything came out sparkling. One would think that the steel wool could be a bit harsh but the soap in those things lets you back off on the pressure a bit and cleans it up better than anything else I’ve ever used.
Follow up with a good polish like Mother’s or Turtle Wax Chrome polish if you really want to see yourself in the finish.

·
Premium Member
2,024 Posts
The aluminum trim is anodized clear when new. You could polish on it all day but if it still has the anodizing on it you'll just wear your arm out. Once you get the anodizing off you can get results. Like Steve suggested, look on YouTube.

·
14,011 Posts
The aluminum trim is anodized clear when new. You could polish on it all day but if it still has the anodizing on it you'll just wear your arm out. Once you get the anodizing off you can get results. Like Steve suggested, look on YouTube.
Agree with this. You need to determine the different types of trim you want to polish....aluminum, anodized aluminum, stainless steel or chromed metal. As mentioned above, to get a really nice shine on anodized aluminum, you need to remove the anodizing. You can then polish the bare aluminum to a nice shine or have the trim re-anodized.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts