Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What can I do to make the heidts front end drag race friendly besides selling it and getting something else?

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
ok are your fender panels steel or aluminum i would say get rid of the sway bar and add a set of 90/10s and you would be good to go .......... oh by the way im running the same front end they are perfect for drag racing :yes:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok are your fender panels steel or aluminum i would say get rid of the sway bar and add a set of 90/10s and you would be good to go .......... oh by the way im running the same front end they are perfect for drag racing :yes:
Got a part number for the 90/10 that work on these front ends? :cool:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no problem besides we are from socal im from riverside
Yep, I work in Fontana and live in Lake Elsinore. Just wish Fontana would put up some lights and run TNT on weeknights. It's only 5 minutes from work! :devil:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
wow we are neighbors i agree ive been trying to talk to the managemant there for that i havent got any responses yet :no:

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I think the only thing that sucks is the front end travel is short ! Just make sure your rearend can HOOK , and your good to go ... If you cant hook ,the front end is a huge factor ... But the 90/10s definatly can help ..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Actually the stock front end can be made to work, but still are gonna make the car be hard to work on. I have a friend that has a stock front '65 that runs 5.20's eighth mile & he sez it drives great. TIFWIW.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
i agree as well i took mine out because i wanted to have a better handling ride i had put global west suspension on my stock front end before i took it out i put on the heidts clip ( got a sweet deal on it ) and then cpp come out with some cool products for the stock front end by that time i was already driving my ride. but i do agree with you on the stock front end it can be made to go fast as well although its a little tight to work on.

before

after

my look at all that room

1 - 15 of 15 Posts