Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally fot around to putting my holley 670 street avenger on my car.I can not get the fuel line flaired fitting to seal??I took my carb off like 5 times and retighted them...no luck...leaking like a stuffed pig...both of them:confused:Any tricks to sealing them up?Thanks bm

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what kinda tubing did you use? you may have split the flare or its not inline to make a seal
its the holley(mr gasket)2 into 1 or 1 into 2 fuel line..what ever you wanna call it.I know it is not seating properly...thats why it is leaking.I guess I should have been more specific?

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
Bruce, if it's the Chrome Dual line unit... those things are notorious for leaks...

you can try to wrap about 4 layers of Teflon tape on the threads...

Get one of the AN braided line kits.... and save your self a bunch of misery

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had the same issue recently. Mr Gasket #1552?

Yeah, it's a piece of junk. Ditch it, and just put brass hose adapters and hose on it. It allows you to have access to your heater hose outlet in your manifold as well. I had a clearance issue, and once I put the hoses on, no more problems. It might not be the prettiest thing, but it works, and alot cheaper that the Holley fuel line (which, btw, is the best chrome dual inlet you can get for a 4150 IMHO).

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
It seems most of those chrome line kits are junk, I've had the same issue with a couple different ones. I prefer seperate lines for each bowl to ease jet changes, and to help with routing the fuel lines.

Something like this:
Or, if you don't do a lot of jet changes:

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I stripped the carb float bowls using the high zoot AN fittings. Chrome cheapy line worked like a charm on my good carb..... doesn't make sense, but it worked.

Kev

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bruce, if it's the Chrome Dual line unit... those things are notorious for leaks...

you can try to wrap about 4 layers of Teflon tape on the threads...

Get one of the AN braided line kits.... and save your self a bunch of misery
Thats exactly what I have!!junk:mad:I'm gonna make my own.bm

1 - 10 of 10 Posts