Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car didn't have the correct radiator and no shroud before. So... I purchased a (supposedly) correct BBC replacement radiator from ColdCase. I also purchased the correct BBC Fan shroud from OER. I went to groundupSS396 and found about every type of bracket, clip, etc. to attach this thing. Question is can somebody get me pictures of how their shroud attaches to the radiator. This is on a 71 Nova w/BBC. It has the non bracket type radiator. I really appreciate the help.
Some thing I also ran across is finding the correct top support cover, I've tried 2 different ones now w/no luck:no:. Now I've got a top support cover coming for a 70-71 BBC camaro. The standard nova top covers are to short, the chevelle ones are to long and wrong bolt holes.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I just installed an OER 3 core rad (CRD1013S - 1972-74 NOVA V8 SMALL BLOCK W/ MT - RADIATOR - 3 ROW 17" X 23" X 2" BRASS/COPPER CORE) in my 72. Fit like a glove. I found a shroud and upper rad bracket from a 73 Ventura.

I think you could install the same setup by either modifying or replacing your rad cradle to accept the rad.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, Camaro top radiator support was a no go. Is there a special top radiator support made for Novas w/ HD radiator? If so where can I get one? From outside bolt to outside bolt on my support it measures 23 1/2"

·
Registered
198 Posts
The upper rad bracket and shroud in my 72 are the dimension you are looking for. If your rad sits in rubber bushings on the rad cradle as mine does the upper bracket from a 73-74 Nova, Omega, Ventura or Apollo that was equipped with AC and the larger 17x23 rad is what you want. It bolts up directly to the left and center mounting locations and the right aligns with a hole in the cradle so it needs a bolt underneath.

Mine is from a 73 Ventura.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The upper rad bracket and shroud in my 72 are the dimension you are looking for. If your rad sits in rubber bushings on the rad cradle as mine does the upper bracket from a 73-74 Nova, Omega, Ventura or Apollo that was equipped with AC and the larger 17x23 rad is what you want. It bolts up directly to the left and center mounting locations and the right aligns with a hole in the cradle so it needs a bolt underneath.

Mine is from a 73 Ventura.
Yes, that is it. Holy crap :eek: I was giving up hope that GM didn't make one. Mine actually has the welded nut at 23 1/2". Now I just need to find a place that actually sells that top support. Seems like all the restoration places only sell the non a/c top support:mad:.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I think the only place you’ll find one of these things is a salvage yard. They aren’t reproduced. I found mine by placing an add on Kijiji, or in your case Craigslist, looking for the part. I had an answer back within days and got my hands on one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts