Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That damn wire keeps ruining my jeans :bored: The back seat is near mint condition, and if I go with a dark color car, the white interior will be nice so I want to try and keep the bench and color. How much does it cost to apolstry a bench or will a seat cover work?

·
Super Moderator
12,005 Posts
I got a quote of $400 to do both buckets, the rear seat and assemble the door panels. Shop around, ask at the local shows where folks had work done. If you are not going for some exotic fabric or pattern it should be a lot less for just the front bench seat, especially if you remove it from the car and pull the seat tracks off.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
That damn wire keeps ruining my jeans :bored: The back seat is near mint condition, and if I go with a dark color car, the white interior will be nice so I want to try and keep the bench and color. How much does it cost to apolstry a bench or will a seat cover work?
Well IMO a dark interior with a dark car is hot but does look good. Our Rally is black with a dark blue. But what color is the car going to be? If it's a black or dark blue I'd say tan interior but remember this is just my opinion. Its your car and you do what you want.

There are some nice looking seat covers out there for $100 to $200 for a temp fix.
At Pepboys they have sheep skin and those "Type R" covers for like $25 :D

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Shop around, ask at the local shows where folks had work done. If you are not going for some exotic fabric or pattern it should be a lot less for just the front bench seat, especially if you remove it from the car and pull the seat tracks off.
I forgot about the car shows, thats what I think ill do, im sure ill find someone who knows someone who knows someone who can do it reasonably.

Im not sure of the color, but I was leaning towards jet black

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
it looks like that wire is just a spring alingner?... just pull it out... there are probably 3 or 4 that run along the bottom of the seat and they keep the springs tied together and evenly spaced.... I pulled 2 or 3 out of my seat each time they did that, just pulling out that one shouldn't make much difference....

If you don't want to pull it out, take a pair of pliers, compress the seat w/ some weight and bend the tip of the wire over on it self, back maybe an inch. When you let you let the weight off the seat, the wire should be short enough to hide inside the foam....and not poke you....

then you've got some more time to think about getting it recovered...

·
Registered
166 Posts
I ordered the covers for the buckets and back seat from Classic Industries a couple years ago and upholstered them myself. All you need is hog rings, hog ring pliers and a helluva lot of patience. It isn't too complicated though.

I think it took me about 2 hours per seat. My foam was in good condition though. I can't remember how much the set was from CI, I think it was $200 or so.

Here are before and after shots:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts