Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have Hooker Super comps (2243) and when my driveshaft went it took my exhaust and passenger header with it. I was running straight 3" exhaust that dumped right after the mufflers.

I need to repair my header and want to know the best way to do it. I plan on cutting the collector off at the welds, but don't know where to go from there? Should I just replace it with the same exact 3" collector? Should I switch to a 2 1/2" collector? Should i lengthen it at all? I want to run tail pipes now and I want to do a X pipe. 3" into the X and 2.5" out? Any advice would be great!

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
Are you going to work on just one header or are you going to modify them as a pair?

·
Premium Member
14,614 Posts
I'd do some research and find the best length/size for your application. A neat sight called headerdesign.com has an online application for spitting out their recommendations. I used that site to plan the modifications for the headers on my car.

I bought collectors and tubing from Headers By Ed, but I think the same collectors can be purchased just about anywhere for possibly better prices.

Everything I've read says that smaller collectors (such as 2.5" collectors on 1.5" or 1.625 primaries) might be better than what's offered by most off the shelf manufacturers depending on the primary size you're running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts