Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how rare my Chevy II is. It is a 2 door, Ash Gold on Ivy Gold, standard interior with deluxe steering wheel, bench seat, 307, powerglide, with a 10 bolt. I was reading some comments on a thread that made me think that a gold on gold car may be a rare combination. On the exterior, it has rocker moldings, the very lower body line is painted black, just like the Super Sports, and it's got the trim piece between the taillights, like the SS', just with no provision for the emblem. It is a Rally Nova package, and yes, they made those before the decal kits were installed. It's got manual drums all around. I also have a 1968 SS, with a 350, wide-ratio muncie, 12 bolt rear end with 4.56 posi unit. It's got manual drums all around also. Factory bucket seat car, black interior, with Ash Gold exterior also. Both of these cars are completely factory. I also have a 1971 SS that is blue, with black bucket seat interior. It's got factory dual exhaust, 10 bolt rearend, close-ratio muncie four speed, and a 307. It has manual drum brakes all around just like the other two. How rare are all of these cars? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Do you have paper work for these cars? I've never heard of a 1971 307 SS, it should be a L48 350. I've also never heard of the Rally Package offered prior to 72. I'm not doubting you, I've just never heard of either of these options.:no: The rear trim panel was optional on any non SS car.

As for rarity, no one kept a break down to that extent, and many of the items listed were standard, mono leaf, drums all the way around and 10 bolt rear. Multi leaf is optional rear suspension, but commonly found on SS's and with 12 bolt cars.

I would say the 68 with the 12 bolt 4.56 rear, is rare, if it's a factory optioned rear end car.:yes:

This is only my opinion from my experience with Novas.

Post some pics for us too!:yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.