Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had heard different stories about a guy that has a large stash of old cars .......... with the help of a friend,found it today.Hiding amongst a cuda and a duster was a 62-65 Acadian two door post.The car has no rear and is pretty rough,but otherwise all there. How rare are these cars ?
Apparently the guy will not part with anything.No body was around.I will be dropping back.Hopefully I can get some pics.

·
13,718 Posts
acd65post said:
I had heard different stories about a guy that has a large stash of old cars .......... with the help of a friend,found it today.Hiding amongst a cuda and a duster was a 62-65 Acadian two door post.The car has no rear and is pretty rough,but otherwise all there. How rare are these cars ?
I will be dropping back.Hopefully I can get some pics.
The rarity in great part, will depend on what year it is, if it was a six or V/8, and a guess-estimate of how many are still in existence. When you get back to it, see if the drivers door jamb VIN plate is still there and post the number in the Canadian Owners forum. It will tell year, model, six or V/8. Some of the Acadian guys who have had their cars documented by GM Canada will likely have the numbers built info.
Bob

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try and get some pics for sure. There was nobody around so I did not look to long.I would not like somebody poking around my property.I have driven by that road probably a couple of hundred times but never turned onto it from the highway.When I get some pics I will post (once I read the "how to post pics " info.

·
Registered
121 Posts
JR said:
Boy it would be neat to see the pics of his collection.:)
I know. It seems like a lot of classic cars are rusting away because their owners won't sell them. :( What a waste! :chev:

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't know if they were especially rare when new, but you sure don't see many around nowadays. Back in the early-eighties there was a nice clean '65 Acadian post that ran at Dragway Park in Cayuga, Ontario. It was called "Unemployment Enjoyment" (this was back during the Stelco strike, 21% interest rates and foreclosures on houses). The car's body looked straight and unmolested, was white with graphics down the side and rolled on either Centerlines or Cragar SSTs. I seem to always remember the '65 Acadians as being the most obscure year.

·
Premium Member
3,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stopped by to see this guy the other day. He is definately a character. I still did not get a price on the car,or parts.I stopped at his house and his wife sent me down the road to see him.We talked for awhile,he said next time I stop by to bring a pic of my car.. blah blah blah... Just let me have a better look at this thing and give me a price ! It might be outragous and that will be the end of it.
Let ya know any further developements.There are still a fair amount of old cars around here. But I guess that is why they are just rotting away.I think some guys get enjoyment out of giving people the run around, not selling,etc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts