Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how often you all make it out to the track.
Lasy season I just came back after a 10 year break. 10 years ago I was hitting it pretty hard... had my car, my cousins bracket car and my uncle's super stocker. We were racing pretty much every other weekend.
Last year I went to 7 races and 2 test and tune days. I missed a few races for my series due to family commitments, which are way more important now than 10 years ago.

How many events do you hit each season?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I got to go down the track for my first time 2 weeks ago! Weather hasn’t been cooperating here in Louisiana to go back... but I’m hooked! I’m trying to make every event when weather permits here.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I think you made a smart choice with your new car easing back into it. I walked away from it last year when I decided that the car and family weren’t the same priority. My kids have all hit teenage years with my oldest going to college next year. They want to go on vacations and not spend every weekend sitting at the track as they did when they were little. Also the car had exceeded my finances being it was upgraded as I could it went from a low 11 second street/strip car to a high 8 second car. But that also meant if I lost the motor, I couldn’t afford to replace it with all the money I put into over the years. And being it was a work in progress, my 10 year old casting aluminum heads were tired and showing their age as threads were pulling out of the intake holes and rocker stands. I sometimes wished I was back when it seemed fun with a mid 10 second car with a MILDER engine that fixing wouldn’t break the bank.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I think you made a smart choice with your new car easing back into it. I walked away from it last year when I decided that the car and family weren’t the same priority. My kids have all hit teenage years with my oldest going to college next year. They want to go on vacations and not spend every weekend sitting at the track as they did when they were little. Also the car had exceeded my finances being it was upgraded as I could it went from a low 11 second street/strip car to a high 8 second car. But that also meant if I lost the motor, I couldn’t afford to replace it with all the money I put into over the years. And being it was a work in progress, my 10 year old casting aluminum heads were tired and showing their age as threads were pulling out of the intake holes and rocker stands. I sometimes wished I was back when it seemed fun with a mid 10 second car with a MILDER engine that fixing wouldn’t break the bank.
I went truck pulling all summer long for 3 or 4 years when my two boys were very young. Their mother quit going after year1, but they were up for it longer than I was. It started out as Street Stock truck, fairly mild drive able BB, and quickly got too expensive for me. When the rpm levels were exceeding 7000, I was hopelessly outclassed. A motor that was capable of winning just a year previous, took me to a last place finish on my final event.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts