Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
didn't know there were Super Sport sedans. kind of a cool looking car, though.

decent car, but matte finish just is not my thing. not sure how that factors in on cost.

-Rusty

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Yeeeaaah... "The period-correct red Nova SS stripes"

It's an uncommon 400 Series 2-door sedan. V8s did not have a unique model code in '64, so it could have been an L6 or V8. Definitely not an SS.

·
13,690 Posts
This car has been for sale on and off for over 2 years and hasn't sold. First appeared on eBay at something like $45K. I contacted the seller to straighten him out on the fact there were no SS 2 door sedans. Never heard back and the car is still being promoted as an SS. Don't imagine it will sell any time soon.

Bob

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
It kinda pisses me off.. Not the car but the attemp to sell this sedan as an SS which is only a valid option on a 2 door sport coupe. 40447 is how the VIN should read for an SS.. 40411N178007 is the VIN for the vehicle listed in the ad.. This ad is full of Bull$hit that clearly is fictitious.. Where does it end..?
CEA702D6-ED44-499B-A9FD-5AB2C16E94EB.png

·
Registered
578 Posts
This car has been for sale on and off for over 2 years and hasn't sold. First appeared on eBay at something like $45K. I contacted the seller to straighten him out on the fact there were no SS 2 door sedans. Never heard back and the car is still being promoted as an SS. Don't imagine it will sell any time soon.

Bob
he probably owns a unmolested, factory-stock '63 L-79, eight-door, four speed SS wagon with optional flux capacitor, too.

go ahead: YOU tell him it's not real...

-Rusty

·
13,690 Posts
I made an account just to tell them.
Don't expect anything to change. I guess Hemmings is no different than any other auction in that they don't take responsibility for misinformation.

In addition to the incorrect SS designation, this ad is full of other misinformation. The VIN indicates the car is a 1964 Nova 400 2 door sedan. There's no way to tell from the VIN if a '64 is a V/8 or a six, so the assertion that this was a 283 at birth may or may not be correct. I would venture to say it was a six.

Bob

·
6,399 Posts
This car is on Autotrader,ca, they are looking for 40,000
As Bob mentioned too, the car has been for sale for a while. It is currently listed at $39K(Cnd).

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Just my opinion, but that’s a $20000 car tops.
Yeah, probably $18 - $23K in the current market. I could see an enamored buyer shelling out $25K. In a non-heated market probably $12 - $15K being a 2-door sedan. The cars I have seen realistically priced in the $40K range in the last year were on a different level from this sedan. Clean pro touring coupes / convertibles or well restored (not concourse) real 327 4-speed 2nd gens. There is a solid black on black one on the marker right now for around $40K.

Reactions: AllyMcReal

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Plus I never seen a SS with a bench seat?? Even the 67 CPO (Corporate Owned) SS we did when I had my shop did not come with a bench seat.

·
Super Moderator
3,834 Posts
Right, I agree with Adam's and others' guess at teens to low '20's. Maybe they're thinking $20K 1985 money being worth about $40K now, because this car has '80's written all over it. Pre- bolt-on clips, front suspension upgrades, carbureted small block, basically stock interior, TH350 and even down to the wheels, this thing has a mid-'80's vibe. Turns out I love stock suspension, those wheels, a genuine SBC and that stuff, but Super Sedan badges and matte finish just don't work for me. They will for some buyer, but not at 40 large.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have to say I don't hate it. Looks like a clean car. The floors look original and in great condition. Would be a fun toy. No way is it a $40K plus car, even if it was a sport coupe in equal condition.

·
Vendor
1,761 Posts
Whoever posted a comment on the ad got a response from the seller...

·
13,690 Posts
Whoever posted a comment on the ad got a response from the seller...
It was mrlaze from post #8 in this thread.

The seller's reply is total BS. The car is referred to several times in the ad as a 'Nova SS'. Nowhere does it mention it has 'SS features'. In fact, the ad clearly says
'The 04 in the VIN indicates this is a legitimate1964 Chevrolet Chevy II Nova SS'. The seller obviously doesn't know that '04' is not an SS designator, but the overall statement
clearly implies the car is a real super sport, which it isn't. All he had to do to be honest with his description was drop all the references to Nova SS and just say it has SS badging.
Nobody has purchased his car after more than 2 years on the market, so hopefully his deception will continue to kick him in the butt.

Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts