Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
13,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little vague as to just where this car sits in terms of being finished. Seller is making it sound like the drivetrain swap is completed and now it 'just' needs a paint job. There is a current thread here on SNS from a member who bought a car that 'just' needed a paint job, but turned out to be way more. Anybody considering this SS convertible at 20K needs to get a complete list of all the things still needed to finish the car. Things that can be seen include finding correct '63 SS wheel covers and painting the red side trim argent silver. Also consider that if the car still has it's blue interior, your exterior paint color options are pretty well limited to blues, white, black or silver.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Chevr...db8a9d3:g:lxUAAOSwqoxcNUIe:rk:16:pf:0&vxp=mtr

Bob

·
Super Moderator
3,886 Posts
Hard one to figure. That price would seem cheap if the car were finished, but there are big question marks about what needs to be done. Without seeing the body in person, and absolutely verifying that you didn't have to cut and paste quarters, floors, rockers, clamshells, etc., then you can't know a decent price. Hard to work paint around the rest of the chassis and interior, but it can be done. If the body is super nice then it might not take much. Also, which '63 chrome 4-speed console again? If it were together and running and sorted out a little, it would be easier to get a read. Probably no sale at $20.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This car looks to have had a lot of funky metal work done to it. Looking at the underside photos, The inner rockers have been "modified" or "repaired" , the rear floor pans have been replaced as evidenced by the one piece body plugs and the rear wheel well lip on the drivers side looks like its about an inch and a half wide. Also when I see fresh Tar/undercoating spread all over it makes me suspicious of what its hiding. Metal repair isn't necessarily a bad thing IF it is done correctly.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking at the pictures again you can see the front floors are not original either and Looking at the drivers side exterior, you will notice the arch of the wheel well is not right. I may be wrong but I think this was a very rusty car at some point.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts