Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im getting ready to make a purchase on my paint. how many quarts did you use... i have a 63 im going to paint body, jams, the under side of the hood and trunk plus all of the interior.

·
Registered
122 Posts
base/clear or single stage? A gallon of base should do it as long as its not yellow or another color that covers poorly. Usually want to have a little left over for touch ups or repairs needed later.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
base/clear or single stage? A gallon of base should do it as long as its not yellow or another color that covers poorly. Usually want to have a little left over for touch ups or repairs needed later.
yeah i definatly dont want to run short. i wanna do tangelo pearl, from house or kolor, well im not 100% on that but its my #1 choice right now. im also considering a color off of the eastwood website. Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
Orange doesn't usually cover very well a gallon would be a good start. Make sure car is all the same color, example; If the jams are sprayed with a grey primer/sealer and the car is sprayed with a white or lighter primer/sealer then the jams could be darker than the car, I've seen it happen. I like to base the car white then come back with the orange it seems to cover better. But thats just me and everybody has their different tricks.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Took a gallon and a quart to do my 66, used Sikkens paint Honda Galaxy Gray, then put over a gallon of clear on top.

·
Registered
122 Posts
HOK sometimes does not cover well. So a gallon may not do it for you. You could always get a tintable sealer to help with coverage.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
..........You could always get a tintable sealer to help with coverage.
A good white primer/sealer. Or one that can be tinited orange.

One of my friends tried to paint root beer brown over white. DID NOT cover.
He needed to have a red or brown primer.

Bryan

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
62civa

I love your color....i had an idea that i wanted orange, seeing yours sealed the deal. awsome look, and thanks for the info.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts