Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it is from a 63 coupe. it was reupholstered a few years ago (seat covers and foam) and is very firm. no rips/tears in the vinyl, just a little dirty. frame/springs aren't rusty and it freely slides back and forth. a local guy is selling it and i was thinking of putting it in the front of my 62 wagon.

what would you pay for it?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, i ended up buying it for $80. the brackets line up on the floor pan in my wagon but this bench sits higher and closer which means i'm going to have to mount it further back. this will be a challenge because the original rear mount location is right on the top of a slope in the floor pan. i'll have to find a way to make an angled spacer of some sort to fill the gap between the new holes i'll drill and the brackets.

·
Registered
122 Posts
can you move the seat back on the brackets? or perhaps your stock station wagon brackets with position it farther back?
hth

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
-DouG- said:
can you move the seat back on the brackets? or perhaps your stock station wagon brackets with position it farther back?
hth
i didn't get a chance to see if the new bench was all the way forward or not and i didn't think to check until I went to bed last night. that'll be the first thing i'll check when i get home.

good idea on the possible bracket swap, didn't even think of that! if this works and i don't have to drill new holes, i'll buy you a coke.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts