Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my name is Dave and im new to this site. I have a 70 nova 4-door with a 383 stroker. It has 5.7 rods with speed pro flat tops ( about 10.5 to 1 compression) , dart iron eagle platinum heads 200 cc ported, 540 lift solid flat tappet cam, victor junior intake, hei dist. with 6al box and a quick fuel 750 double pumper carb. The nova also has 373 posi and a turbo 350 trans. Just wondering how much hp this power plant should produce and what kind of quarter mile times I should get with street et tires? thanks for any input.

·
Registered
767 Posts
It's always a crap shoot when trying to guess.
Power to weight ratio is everything.
All depends on what ET's your shooting for or will be happy with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
from what you are describing with respect to your car it should run in the low 13's to high 12's. I had basically the same set up in my 1966 ChevII and it's best time was a 12.78 at 105 mph but normally that car you run in the low low 13's

·
Registered
448 Posts
Hey guys my name is Dave and im new to this site. I have a 70 nova 4-door with a 383 stroker. It has 5.7 rods with speed pro flat tops ( about 10.5 to 1 compression) , dart iron eagle platinum heads 200 cc ported, 540 lift solid flat tappet cam, victor junior intake, hei dist. with 6al box and a quick fuel 750 double pumper carb. The nova also has 373 posi and a turbo 350 trans. Just wondering how much hp this power plant should produce and what kind of quarter mile times I should get with street et tires? thanks for any input.
I'm putting together an almost identical combo. 383, 5.7 rod, all forged bottem end, flat tops, 10.9-1 cr, comp cams solid .540" int. .558" ex., RHS iron 200cc heads, either a holley strip dominator or victor jr. intake, 750 proform carb, mallory ignition. It "should" run 11's after tuning with traction based off my old combo.

What converter are you running?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts