Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with stock exhaust manifolds? Its a 355 with dart pro al heads (180 cc) holley 750 vs carberator edelbrock eps intake electric fan 2.5 exhaust? I was looking at cheap headers either the cheap flowtechs or the summit brand but after buying a set online of a different brand and they didnt fit for sh*! i got kind of discouraged but if its going to be a noticeable difference then i'll go get another pair what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
2,950 Posts
Why don't you start with an AC44 as a base then let it run a couple hundred mile and check the color of the tips. Make sure you use a little anti-seize on the plugs before you screw them into the aluminum heads.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fast eddie i think you meant to reply to the thread above mine with the spark plugs.... does anyone else have any comments

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
You're giving up a good bit of power in the mid-upper rpm range. And they will help down low as well. They're definately worth buying, especially since you have decent heads. A cheap set from Summit that are like $90 is all you need. I ran them last year on my 71 with a small block and there were notfittment issues.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
For that price doesnt seem like you can go wrong. And they arent thin flanged headers either. And ceramic coated to boot. 1- 5/8" pipes is a good size too. JR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts