Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a quick poll.

How many of you have or recently installed power steering in your Nova and was it worth doing??? Thanks.. I'm 90% positive I want power steering in my 63 SS. Bob - Thanks

·
Registered
188 Posts
I just put the CBR rack in my 63. I love not having to manhandle it at slow speeds. My wife can now comfortably drive it. If you've got big tires you want power steering.

·
Premium Member
1968 Chevy II Nova, Central Arkansas
2,014 Posts
I put a power CBR rack on my 63 SS and a CPP power steering box on my 68 and have no regrets on either.

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Here's a quick poll.

How many of you have or recently installed power steering in your Nova and was it worth doing??? Thanks.. I'm 90% positive I want power steering in my 63 SS. Bob - Thanks
Hard to answer.
My 69 camaro has power steering and I love it. I get in that car when I want to completely relax and can turn the wheel with a couple fingers. The car goes straight. Effortless to drive along with its power brakes.

I have the cbr power rack on my 67 and although I have little drive time with it the car drives nicely.

But when I want to drive a car that appeals to several of my senses I drive my 66 with cbr manual rack. I am pleased. It’s not hard to turn and I’ve driven it 3500-4000 miles on the roads. I believe my wife could drive it. Sometimes I enjoy “feeling” the car through the manual steering, manual brakes, 3” exhaust and preloaded drag race suspension lol

Power steering is nice. I would do it if you want a cruiser

·
Registered
66 Chevy II, Pontiac powered; 68 &75 Firebirds
431 Posts
Power for me

I'm getting old and weak. Besides, the power rack came with M II suspension.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts