Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many bulbs do i need in the instrument panel on my 63 SS with factory gauges? I want to go to a brighter light. I thought 10 was enough but saw 20 for $2 more. I would have crawled under myself. I had back surgery so right now can't twist like that at this time. Thanks any help is appreciated. Stay Healthy everybody!

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
buckets seats in that 63 ? if so pull take drivers bucket an lay on a nice carpeted floor to change those bulbs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
buckets seats in that 63 ? if so pull take drivers bucket an lay on a nice carpeted floor to change those bulbs.
I have thought of that. easier said then done. yes bucket seats Need help getting seat out also. Not easy after lumbar fusion & 2 titanium rods

·
Registered
426 Posts
It's probably easier for you to sit in the seat and remove the 4 screws and pull out the entire gauge cluster far enough to change one bulb at a time. Just wrap a little cardboard around your steering column first so you don't scratch it. There are 2 screws low on the bottom might be hard for you to see, but just take a little mirror with you. You can probably navigate it! Speedy recovery wishes for you.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's probably easier for you to sit in the seat and remove the 4 screws and pull out the entire gauge cluster far enough to change one bulb at a time. Just wrap a little cardboard around your steering column first so you don't scratch it. There are 2 screws low on the bottom might be hard for you to see, but just take a little mirror with you. You can probably navigate it! Speedy recovery wishes for you.
It has the factory oil line not enough play & don't want to break it

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait till your back gets better.
LOL Had surgery a little over a year ago I'm not 20 any more that's for sure at almost 60 you don't bounce back as fast. And yes stubborn as it gets I own this car 40 years and will be the only 1 to work on it. Even if it's 1 bulb a day when i do it

1 - 12 of 12 Posts