Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, mind out of the gutter I meen your drive shaft:D I would like to know how long your dive shaft is with a 350 SB 8.2 Rear and a 700R tranny. From end to end (as long as gets from end too end) Thanks all.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have the same setup and had my original shortened about 2 1/2" if memory serves me correct. Someone may have the overall dimension of those trannies and can tell you what the differences in them is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Ed's68 said:
Ok, mind out of the gutter I meen your drive shaft:D I would like to know how long your dive shaft is with a 350 SB 8.2 Rear and a 700R tranny. From end to end (as long as gets from end too end) Thanks all.
A vega shaft will fit...49" from center of u-joint to center...if you do a search for "vega" or "driveshaft" there's alot of info concerning this topic. ;)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
I know the Vega shaft is good to go for the early gen cars (1st & 2nd) BUT I'm not 100% sure it would work for a 3rd gen car. Third gen cars are much larger cars (are they not???) I would think it would be too short...even with the longer 700R tranny installed :)

·
Registered
114 Posts
69NovaSS said:
I know the Vega shaft is good to go for the early gen cars (1st & 2nd) BUT I'm not 100% sure it would work for a 3rd gen car. Third gen cars are much larger cars (are they not???) I would think it would be too short...even with the longer 700R tranny installed :)
Didn't notice the year....too early in the morning...

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was hoping that I could get away with using the drive shaft from a 350 tranny and a 8.5 rear with my 700r and a 8.2 rear without haveing to cut it. But it looks like it is off to the ax :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts