Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
You gotta be kidding me!!!! That is some great fiberglass work..

Ok, I need to steal some of your ideas. Better yet, steal you, you need a break, come over and show me how to do glass work like that. OK!!! So you wont travel. Then how bout this. PLEASE!!! Write up a step by step process including the tricks you use and posting it here. Im sure many guys would benefit from your knowledge. Me for one.

Ill shoot you a six pack of yer favorite beverage, as long as its not Cristal :) Nice work, now teach me huh????? JR

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Nice, wish I has 1/4 of that skill.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Always glad to help (thats why i took the time to take and post the pics)

honestly this stuff is not that hard - really.. the pictures really do speak for themselves.

you can use practically anything for a mold - in this example i used cardboard (chipboard as they say in the upholstery world - wonderful cheap stuff)

heavy tinfoil (yes it matters) doesnt rip so easy

waterboard (thicker chipboard/cardboard)

a 30 dollar can of bondo brand fiberglass resin (comes with hardner) and some 3 ounce chopped mat

oh and some painters tape, and some 18 gauge metal for the brackets

a bit of abs plastic (1/8th inch) an some 1/4" luan plywood

some 1/4" and 1/8" sculpting foam

weldwood dap adhesive

some velcro (industrial grade)
yeah thats about it

oh and around 40-45 hours (so far) - that is the kicker :)

and after 4 days of this I cant wait to get the trunk done - after the 1st day i could hardly get outta bed my back was so sore (really..) was better after a days rest then i did the other 3 days no problem

best part though is that i learned some things about doing a trunk - course it aint done just yet, but if am learning I am generally happy

questions? ask away, no beverages required...NPHNP

1 - 4 of 4 Posts