Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to paint my 71 nova in a couple of weeks, and I was wondering since Iam no kevin Tetz will red help hide any little imperfections or will it amplify them as darker colors do?
I should say we have done a pretty good job on the body.... but there is ALWAYS spots that show up, and were not building a show car:devil:
We know lighter colors are more forgiving, but I really like the red, with white ss stripes:devil::devil::devil:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
My Red car is not perfect at all, it's actually a 10 footer :eek:, but it does hide some of the imperfections, not as well as a lighter color, but better then a dark color. Most of my imperfections are from poor prep work, like deep sanding scratches. It does get a lot of attention being red, though.:yes:

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I had a 66 Red, with red interior, I have to say I loved it being Red (It did show well) but when you got real close had to say it was Driver Quality and did show minor flaws that were easily fixable, I know that if your like me you want to get er done, with just a little more effort in prep your would be surprised and happy with your labors. I do agree that the lighter colors hide a lot.

Good Luck with your choice,

Ross

·
Registered
35 Posts
IMO Red is very forgiving to imperfections. I've had two red cars & they always looked great even after normal dings & scratches. On a newly prepped car, it will look great. Maybe its red's psychological advantage over other colors but who cares it works. Can't go wrong with red on a performance car .. you'll never get the pop and looks a red car gets with white or something light. Go for it ... :thumbsup: Check the color of my avatar ... maybe I'm a little biased. :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS FOR THE INPUT GUYS, I HAD HOPED TO GET SOME COMMENTS LIKE THESE.
THE CAR HAS BEEN IN MICHIGAN ITS ENTIRE LIFE,AND FROM THE LOOKS OF THE BODY IT SPENT MOST OF IT PARKED IN THE MIDDLE OF A DRIVING RANGE LOL.
THE GUY I BOUGHT THE CAR FROM HAD IT PAINTED WHITE, IT WAS ORIGIONALLY GOLD, SO IT REALLY HID THE FLAWS, EVEN FROM THE FACTORY.
I WILL BE SHOOTING AS SOON AS THE WEATHER PERMITS AND WILL POST SOME PICS, FROM 10 FT LOL:devil:

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Here's a 11 footer, it looks show worthy from here!:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Red can be tough to match, so be sure to get enough paint so that you have a little extra at the end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts