Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the easiest way to tell if a diff in a roller is a posi or not? Since there is no motor, I can't get on it to find out ;)

Is there a code or something on the outside? Or do I have to crack the cover off? Its a 67 by the way.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. I found the code listing on NovaResource.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
easiest way

let a brother or a friend take it for a drive , and see if one rear tire comes back bald or both ,,, that does require the engine in the car ,, and a brother and friends like I have ,, my bad :devil:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too dark outside!!!! Yeah, I am sitting on the couch at 11:00pm wondering if the rearend is a posi or not. I will have to wait until the morning to check. The rear in the 67 Sedan is supposed to be a posi, but I haven't checked. I have a non-posi rear in the wagon and want to swap the posi rear into it. I will probably swap to 4.11s before putting the rear in, though. Eventually the wagon will get a 9", but I have a ways to go on the 66 I am doing and have a CR front clip, a spare 6.0 LS1, and a T56 itching to go into the wagon so I can drive it, patina-style! I am going crazy with this warm weather wanting to drive something.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts