Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any advice on how to pry-off the metal trim from the side window without damaging them? I need to pull mine, clean, prime and put them back on.

Thanks,

DW.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Just a screwdriver

from the outside edge and give it a good shove towards the center of the window et voila! Start with the upper molding and use some tape on the screwdriver saft to protect the drip molding.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Anyone have any advice on how to pry-off the metal trim from the side window without damaging them? I need to pull mine, clean, prime and put them back on.

Thanks,

DW.
What trim pieces are you refering to?If you are talking about the 3 pieces(1 at the front,rear and top of side window)on the outside i don't think they come off.

·
Registered
788 Posts
What trim pieces are you refering to?If you are talking about the 3 pieces(1 at the front,rear and top of side window)on the outside i don't think they come off.
Hmmmmm. do you own a Chevy II station wagon? I have three of them and when I gave the advice on this post, I had just moments prior to that gone out to my back yard and taken the upper molding off of one of my wagons to make sure I knew what I was talking about.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Hmmmmm. do you own a Chevy II station wagon? I have three of them and when I gave the advice on this post, I had just moments prior to that gone out to my back yard and taken the upper molding off of one of my wagons to make sure I knew what I was talking about.

It said it was a 1966 Chevy II on the title.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from the outside edge and give it a good shove towards the center of the window et voila! Start with the upper molding and use some tape on the screwdriver saft to protect the drip molding.
Thanks man!! I'll give it a shove... I tried the other night, but I knew I was doing something wrong.

Hey.. any of those parts cars, or do you drive them all?

DW

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hey.. any of those parts cars, or do you drive them all?

DW[/QUOTE]

I guess you could call two of them parts cars. I am in kinda flux about what to do with both of them. I have sorta tried to peddle the one 63 wagon with no real results. I have lotsa stuff. One is a perfectly solid rust free wagon with crunch work by accident from a rear-end collision from a Blazer. Durn brush guard! The other 63 is rusty in both quarters.

BTW I like the color of your red wagon! My hardtop is nearly the same in 02 Viper red.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I'm going to give this a try tomorrow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts