Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am just an idiot, but I cannot figure out how to install this adapter. I had a bench seats, and I bought the procar bucket kit. The adapter lines up with the two outer holes on each side, but the inside holes seem like they need to be drilled out. What do I use to actually secure them. It does not seem safe to just bolt them in and call it a day. I feel like I need a brace or something to bolt them in to. I cannot seem to find any information about this. I reached out to summit and they said "you have to fabricate them".

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
I replaced my bench with Procar buckets. I drilled the inside holes and ran a heavy gauge strap metal across on the bottom across the to drilled holes.

·
Vendor
1,291 Posts
You have to fabricate the inner seat perches. I have a local CNC guy that makes custom threaded blocks that we then weld to the floor pan. We attach the tracks directly to that. And yes, I would not just bolt it to the floor. Not enough meat there. I have seen a floor fail spectacularly from doing just that.

If you dig around on here you will find the consensus is the mount kit is more trouble than it is worth. Many find it makes the seats sit too high.

·
Premium Member
1,816 Posts
Many find it makes the seats sit too high.
Yes I am 6'3" and the seat brackets put me too high in the windshield. I was able to have them altered and took about an inch out of them and am comfortable with that.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not super worried about the height. I am 5'7 and my wife is 5'3. I was mainly worried about just putting a hole in the floor and calling it good. I mocked it up yesterday and I think I can make something like that threaded block that SouthBay2 said. I was thinking something like what the seatbelts bolt to. My guess is that the idea is to spread the load out to give it less of a chance of ripping through the floor

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am not super worried about the height. I am 5'7 and my wife is 5'3. I was mainly worried about just putting a hole in the floor and calling it good. I mocked it up yesterday and I think I can make something like that threaded block that SouthBay2 said. I was thinking something like what the seatbelts bolt to. My guess is that the idea is to spread the load out to give it less of a chance of ripping through the floor
it also means that tall people can't drive my car mwhahahaha.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts