Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have burnt rubber all over the quarters of my Lincoln from when I took it down the track. I've washed and waxed it how do you get that crap off? Also I'm going to clay bar it sometime this week will the clay bar take it off or should I get it off before I clay bar?

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
I use mineral spirits and paper towels. Next time spray the quarter panels with Pam cooking spray and it won't stick as bad.

·
Premium Member
1,366 Posts
WD40 works good too.
I second the WD-40 I have used it for years. It also works as a pre treater as well. spray a little on the quarter panel prior to going to the track and it will make the removal later alot easier. I have talked to alot of people about tire compounds and a couple told me that WD-40 is the closest store bought oil that is similar to the oils they use when molding tires. WD-40 also works as a good oil to put on tires while in storage to keep them from drying out and dry-rotting. It also works as a good tire softener. Trust me on that one I made a set of M/T sportsmans (10 years old and very hard when I started with them) hook on my car so hard last month that the first time on the track I bogged the motor pretty bad and embarrassed the crap out of myself.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Once you get it off, if you plan to keep racing, go to JEGS.COM and order BURNOUT GAURD from Geddex, spray on quarters and when done, hose it off, I have used it for many years and swear by it.
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/thetpro1/

·
Registered
544 Posts
You need a product by Stoner called Tarminator. It is good to have around anyways because it will get road tar, burnt rubber and other things off without harming the paint. www.obsessivedetail.com Go there and click on the Stoner link. Great stuff to use to get bugs and such off before washing or detailing your vehicle. It is pretty much a diluted paint reducer I believe. I have used it to get interior stains out before as well. Once you use it, apply wax back to the area the tar is on again.
Good luck!

·
Registered
326 Posts
You need a product by Stoner called Tarminator. It is good to have around anyways because it will get road tar, burnt rubber and other things off without harming the paint. www.obsessivedetail.com Go there and click on the Stoner link. Great stuff to use to get bugs and such off before washing or detailing your vehicle. It is pretty much a diluted paint reducer I believe. I have used it to get interior stains out before as well. Once you use it, apply wax back to the area the tar is on again.
Good luck!
i also second the WD-40.it has 1001 uses and counting.:yes:

·
Premium Member
15,966 Posts
Simple green original formula.

Or 3M #08984 Adhisive remover AKA Speedy 500

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I tryed the wd-40 on a small spot on the inside of the wheel well which is painted and it just smeered all over and made a big mess looks like crap on a white car. Will WD hurt my paint?? I think Im going to try the mineral sprits

·
Registered
544 Posts
Goo Gone works great too. I still recommend the Tarminator over it but that's just me. You can actually find Tarminator in some stores like Walmart, Auto Zone or Car Quest, etc. I say whichever one you find first, buy it and use it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts