Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

1.)
I tried removing the quarter panels under the dash. But they dont seem to go out easily. Is there a trick?

2.)
How do i remove the side windows?

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Kick panels should come out if you have all the screws out, you just have to play with them a little. The vents actually go into the cowl section and the holes in the sheet metal are just big enough for them to fit through, so you have to get the angle just right and you may have to give it a firm pull to get the lip past the sheet metal.

Side windows? I'm assuming you mean the quarter windows. They can be removed as one piece without removing the trim. From the inside, carefully take a flat head screwdriver and gently pry the seal at the front bottom corner while pushing out on window, the glass is pretty strong, but don't over do it. You should be able to get at least a 1 inch gap at the corner, and slide screwdriver or similar object in gap to hold window out. Then, I usually take another screwdriver or two to work the rest of the seal out while pushing outward on glass. Once you get the front part of the window seal out to where you can grab the whole window from the outside, you can usually pull it the rest of the way out by hand. If it doesn't seem like it wants to come out, go back inside and pry the seal a little further back. If you have someone that can help, it's easier to have them gently pull the window from the outside while you pry the seal and push the window out. This method only takes about 10 minutes and will prevent damaging your glass and trim

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
@jade:

thank you. I wasnt too sure about the kick panels. But now i will try with some more patience and brutality.

Sorry for beeing not more precise. Sometimes i dont find the correct words. I wanted to know how to remove the front side windows. Is it called driver and passenger window?

@1975ssnova

A freind did the welding. I prepared, cleaned and painted everything. This took me 1 day for the first layer of paint. Next week i will paint the second layer.

Also i have to remove the shifter, kick panels and some insulation and other stuff under the dash to paint the firewall. But i dont know yet how to... :D

I wanted to try the master series, after i read about it here. But i couldnt get it shipped here. So i decided to try a german product. i was told its better then POR15 but cheaper.

Here are the pics from my site:

The Nova will be at the paint shop next week. I'm really exited how its going to look like. Once its done, i will post pics on my site.

·
Registered
11 Posts
How do you guys perfer to cover your floors? I put som paint on mine and melted a 4mm thick rubber over it all and the put a 10mm wool under the carpet. All just to sound profe it. Just wondering. :confused:
Nice job on you floors tough.
Atli
Iceland.

·
Premium Member
20,542 Posts
dustdevil said:
How do you guys perfer to cover your floors? I put som paint on mine and melted a 4mm thick rubber over it all and the put a 10mm wool under the carpet. All just to sound profe it. Just wondering. :confused:
Nice job on you floors tough.
Atli
Iceland.
Dynamat sound proofing is the only way to go!!!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So anyone on a good way to remove the driver and passenger window?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Is there a particular reason your removing the windows? You're talking about the door glass, right?

If you're just removing them for paint, it'd be a lot easier to just tape some newspaper on them and roll 'em down. Other than that, I've never removed mine, so I'm not sure what's involved. I'm pretty sure they're just held in with a couple clamps on the mechanism with set screw or something of the sort. The inner door panels will have to be removed to gain access. I'm also pretty sure you'll have to remove the window channel with the window rolled down before it'll come out. Beyond that, I'm not much help in that department.

Also, where'd you get your seat brackets, or was it original bucket seats? I'm converting one of my 76's to bucket seats, but need to find or fab some mounting brackets.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah its for painting. And also i want to get them tinted.

The car was originally equipped with bucket seats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts