Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of tearing apart my '66 to get it ready for body work and I'm having a hard time pulling out the vent window from the door. I already got the main window out but for some reason I can get the vent loose by unscrewing the bolts but it still won't come out. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
329 Posts
How far out can you get it? Removed the nut, bolt and screws from the front side of the door frame and take crome strip off, there is also an adjustment bolt on the lower bottom area on the inside door frame. Slide the assembly towards the back of the door there is a notch in the top side of the door it has to slide through. :beer:

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I just took my vent windows out on my 62 and it should be the same for you. The 62 repair manual has some good pictures and instructions. It should be the same for the 66, I think, the chrome strip the bolts to the vent window needs to be unbolted from inside the hinge area; remove the screws from the chrome strip to the vent window, remove the screw right below the vent window handle, and one nut at the bottom of the window guide.

It should be ready to come out. The stud at the bottom of the window guide may be rusted solid, so you may not be able to remove it easily but if you remove your window fuzzies it should come out easily. You might want to remove the fuzzies anyway if you haven't done so already. This way you wont damage them.

·
Banned
26,231 Posts
if you'd like, i have the text version of the process... i can E-Mail 'em to ya. i can't post on the site because the items are copyrighted pages...

PM me with yer E addy and i'll send 'em to ya.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Dont forget to unbolt the inside door handle and disconnect the rod to the jam lock. Now the window will roll down further and give you more room to tilt the wing.

·
Premium Member
2,952 Posts
the Flyer said:
if you'd like, i have the text version of the process... i can E-Mail 'em to ya. i can't post on the site because the items are copyrighted pages...

PM me with yer E addy and i'll send 'em to ya.
Johnny can ya send them my way too please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts