Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to upgrade my headlights. Currently, the right side headlight sits crooked in the bucket. (It isn't clocked right in the bucket.) I took it apart once again last night. The mounting bracket looks like the mounting screws are in the correct place and line up okay with the mounting holes.

The part that the headlight mounts on and is adjustable does not put the bulb in a horizontal position compared to the line patterns in the headlight bulb.

The stationary half of the bucket is factory black and has "Guide" stamped on it. The adjustable half of the mounting is primed grey and I can't find any part or ID information stamped on it.

If I clock the assembly to make the bulb horizontal, the mounting holes don't line up with the fender.

Is it possible the primed adjustable mount is from another car or year?" The only think I can think of, at this point, is to get out a Dremel tool and grind out the notches the tabs on the bulb sit in and rotate the bulb in the retention ring.

Any thoughts?
Craig

I know pictures would be helpful, but that is another fight altogether.

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Doesn't fit

Since the buckets have been worked on and painted, is it possible that parts have been reversed?
Or, as you suspect, the wrong parts may have been substituted.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am starting to think the wrong part replaced a damaged part on the right side. The left side is fine. I think the adjustor bracket should be either anodized or some other coating rather than grey primer.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally figured it out. After working on this for far to long, I found that the Wagner bulb was defective. It appears that when they bonded the lens to the back half of the headlight bulb, it twisted somehow before the silicone dried. Bought a new headlight and it now is in the correct orientation.

That is probably a one in a million defect.

Thought someone might like to know.

·
Registered
2,742 Posts
i would take that bulb an hang it on the wall with a sign that says don't ask.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts