Chevy Nova Forum banner

Would anyone be intrested in meeting up in Perry???

• That sounds like a good idea, where will we meet?

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • well, that could be ok if 69NovaSS doesn't show up

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I would rather get a root canal without Novacain

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the date is near for the Hot Rod power tour to drive though Perry GA.

Mon. June 5 - Perry, GA, Georgia National Fairgrounds

So who is thinking of stopping by to see whats up??? Possibly we could have, as was suggested by Burningsquirrles in another thread, a Steves Nova Site get together...

Perry is about 2 hours, give or take a bit, South of Atlanta on I75....you can actually see the fair grounds from I75. It should be a good time
:) :cool:

http://www.hotrod.com/powertour/

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW for people that have done the power tour thing before....how do they do this...I know they have to travel from city to city so when would be a good time to arrive at the fairgrounds to see the tour?:confused: :)

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
ah crap you beat me to it! lol...

we could meet for breakfast somewhere rustic and local in Atlanta and then drive on down to the power tour. That would be cool. "Steve's does Perry" shirts would be funny, too :D:D

i'll probably have to take my volvo. i should get a license plate frame like WFO that says "i'd rather be driving my nova". if i took my nova, i'd probably use up 8 tanks of gas and break down more often than i stop for gas :D

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I'm less that 20 minutes from Perry...meeting up in the Atlanta area for breakfast might not be a real option for me:)
BUT for you guys in the Atlanta area that might be a good idea and then you can cruise down to Perry together....:cool:

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
20 minutes? i thought you lived over on the west-north side over iun the dallas, GA area... or maybe that was tpinova.

what we should do is get a map and put up pinpoints so we know where everyone is, so we can have a place to meet up and drive together. alternatively, we can have brunch in perry after meeting up and cruising from atlanta. hell, we could even do our own thing the day before on sunday.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
burningsquirrels said:
20 minutes? i thought you lived over on the west-north side over iun the dallas, GA area... or maybe that was tpinova.
Naw I'm in Warner Robins...straight south of Atlanta.....I'm not sure that is TPI either...I think he is from the Locust Grove area...somewhere around the place the new Summit store is...I think....

Well as more people come on board for this I'm sure we can figure out the details...we have a little less then a month to work it out...;)

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
69NovaSS said:
BTW for people that have done the power tour thing before....how do they do this...I know they have to travel from city to city so when would be a good time to arrive at the fairgrounds to see the tour?:confused: :)
Most of the crowd doing the full tour will arrive around noon. They should all be there by 2 or 3PM. Not everybody travels together. We chose to leave early every morning to avoid so much stop and go. (I wanted to use my cruise control.) Many others did the same. Especially vendors.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
so would it be adviseable to join the cruise in perry and follow them to NC? i want to drive in the midst of hot rods too. shoot, maybe i can rent a camaro or something.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
burningsquirrels said:
so would it be adviseable to join the cruise in perry and follow them to NC? i want to drive in the midst of hot rods too. shoot, maybe i can rent a camaro or something.
You will not be considered part of the tour unless you have one of these. You have to have all of you paperwork in order to get one.

Actually Hot Rod Magazine was theatening to bar rental cars from the tour after so many were entered last year. I don't know if they acted on that or not.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
If you want to show a real Stevesnovasite presence at the Perry stop of the tour, I have a few suggestions. First, get a list of who is going and were they are coming from. How cool would it be for the guys from further north (NC, SC, Tenn, etc) to drive in with the group from Atlanta? Talk about a mini-tour. Second, how about a window decal or tag with the site name. Third, a sizable group of Novas parked together at the venue wouldn't hurt.

If you have never been to one of these, it's hard to image 2000 vehicles at one venue. It's impossible to see it all in one day. There were cars & people in last years tour that I never saw or found. If you don't meet up prior to arriving at the venue, you may not find the group at all. Seriously.

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
big red x in that other post... what's the pic?

and yeah, if we all cruise together we'd have to put something up and weat a common shirt or hat, or a decal of some sort. it'd be nice if we got at least a dozen or so of us.

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
burningsquirrels said:
big red x in that other post... what's the pic?
Its a Hot Rod Power Tour front windshield Sticker...the type that goes across the top of the windsheild;) :)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
DriveWFO said:
Man, I was all ready to go until I saw Duane was gonna be there, pulling his nova around in boxes on a radio flyer wagon :D

Well if enough "people" vote for number 2 I might have to rethink my plans...:rolleyes: ;) :D :)

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
How about something sooner... Summit has cruises every Monday, maybe we could all take off early and head on down there. Just a thought. Traffic would be a killer :eek: Or how about doing it on Memorial Day?

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
burningsquirrels said:
How about something sooner... Summit has cruises every Monday, maybe we could all take off early and head on down there. Just a thought. Traffic would be a killer :eek: Or how about doing it on Memorial Day?

Hmmm...I might be up for doing that on Memorial day...I will have to run it by the warden and see whats on her agenda;)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
69NovaSS said:
burningsquirrels said:

Hmmm...I might be up for doing that on Memorial day...I will have to run it by the warden and see whats on her agenda;)
Bump........:)

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
does that bump mean you're going? :D

hey, what about super chevy? i signed up at gen4novas.com and it seems like they've started something up for that day, i may join them if we can't materialize something here... anynone know any cool places to eat up in that area? the tanger outlet mall is there and i know there's a lot of places around it...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts