Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I've seen this mentioned a couple of times, and some minor discussion about it here recently. Anyone interested in this year's Hot Rod Power Tour? Here's a link to a site with some good info.

In a nutshell, dates are June 3rd thru 10th, Kissimmee, Florida to Englishtown, New Jersey for a total of 1305 miles. Here's the basic schedule with mileage;

2006 Hot Rod Power Tour - 2006 Dates and Locations

June 3, Saturday, Kissimmee, FL - OSCEOLA HERITAGE PARK
June 4, Sunday, Gainesville, FL (129 miles) - GAINESVILLE RACEWAY
June 5,Monday,Perry, GA(230 miles)-GEORGIA NAT'L FAIR & AGRICENTER
June 6, Tuesday, Columbia, SC (218 miles) - COLONIAL CENTER
June 7, Wednesday, Roanoke Valley, VA (277 miles) - SALEM CIVIC CENTER
June 8, Thursday, Harrisburg, PA (298 miles) - FARM SHOW COMPLEX
June 9, Friday, Englishtown, NJ (153 miles) OLD BRIDGE RACEWAY PARK
June 10, Saturday - Englishtown; (1305 total) Long Hauler Awards.

I'm wanting to do the long haul, but at the very least will try and do the Perry, Georgia to Roanoke, Virginia legs. A 'local' friend of mine is restoring one of Smokey Yunick's 'hot gas' powered Fiero's for the tour.

This would be a great chance for some of us to meet up, make friends and cruise a little. Maybe we can even get a sticky here on Steve's if there's enough interest.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this??? Look forward to seeing some of you out there!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
I want to go from Virginia to Englishtown, but I may just go to Harrisburg depending on my monetary situation and if anything blows up behind the PW Claimer 350.

Kev:D

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am planning on doing the Ga to Columbia, SC legs. My buddy has a 63 vert he probably won't have finished so he will be in his 59 pro street el camino.

·
Premium Member
1,188 Posts
Well I just wanted to pass this on, My wife the great woman that she is set down today and planned out our trip and made hotel arrangements for us to do the tour, She went to each stop and located motels /Hotels with best prices, Some as low as $40 a night some as high as $90. all within a mile or so of the stops, So it looks like It will happen for me I am doing the whole tour

·
Premium Member
1,313 Posts
I agree....west coast or northern states would be nice for a change. They would get a bunch of us Canucks to participate as well.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
What exactly is this thing? Is it like a car show at each stop and then a convoy of cars to the next stop?

So I could drive to Harrisburg and then join the convoy to Englishtown?

Is this the way it works?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
June 5,Monday,Perry, GA(230 miles)-GEORGIA NAT'L FAIR & AGRICENTER

KEWL....that is about 20 minutes from my door...I will have to check that out:cool:

Not a hope in h*ll that the car would be done in time but that would just be so freaking cool if it was

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
72Orange said:
What exactly is this thing? Is it like a car show at each stop and then a convoy of cars to the next stop?

So I could drive to Harrisburg and then join the convoy to Englishtown?

Is this the way it works?

Thanks!

Here is what the website linked above has to say about the tour:

http://www.mytrain.com/hrpt2006.html said:
"This isn't a car show, it's a gathering. A gathering of people from around the country that all have a common interest. The love of their vehicles and meeting other people with the same interest. So, in my humble opinion anything that drives and is able to make the tour should be included." by live2run

·
Premium Member
6,277 Posts
It really is a car show in the every sense of the word. If you can walk long enough to see all of them you will need to lay down a couple a days.
They pull in the stops-every kind of car you want to see and visit with the others and vistors. It is Great. They wipe em off and get ready for leaving the next day. They don't have mirrors under em or rotating bases, just Fine Machines. Some of them I saw in Nashville amazed me that they could drive the distance-Blowers-Slicks 3-4 MPG.
You will never regret going with them or just going to one of the stops:)

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
FunkyNova66 said:
I could do the Georgia to Va run. Do you think my 3.70 gear and a glide would like it??.LOL. It couldn't be that bad.:rolleyes: :)

it should be 3000ish rpm at 60ish mph...not too bad:rolleyes: ...I have a couple of 2500-3000 mile trips under my belt with my car with a simular setup...if my car would be ready in time I would do it in a heart beat...ya your ears might ring a bit after the days run...but hey thats all part of the fun:D

go for it Funk...you'll have a blast...I'm sure of it

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
FunkyNova66 said:
I couldn't be worse than my old harley.:D I would spend 5 hours on that thing and my skin was crawling and ears were ringing. I have been talking with my wife and plan to do it. But where I start and end is the question.:D I'll keep you posted. I might just start in Perry, Georgia.:D

Well that would be cool....ya keep me in the loop...I would love to see your car in person...and oh ya...meet you too:rolleyes: :D :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hot Rod Power Tour, Stop # 2 In Gainsville Speedway

I will be making my way back from the super chevy show in Commerce, GA.Sunday....
I will stop in Gainsiville Speedway to check them out....Be there somewhere around 5 to 6 for acouple of hours....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts