Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
32 Degrees Celcius (just a tad over 90 degrees for our American friends) in central Alberta today and for the past few days, and seems to be the forecast for the rest of the week ..Son Jim took the '63 Wagon out to the MainStreet Cruise nite...a lot of nice rides show up every Wednesday...

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hot in Winnipeg too, anywhere from 32-36C, humidex around 42C. :eek:

Little rain this morning to cool things off and water the brown grass! :D

Nova is running great in the heat, stays at a level 190 degrees. :yes:

·
Registered
774 Posts
You know what they say...If you only have a week to live..Go to Edmonton..It will feel like a year!

:devil::devil::devil::poke::poke::stir::tongue:

·
13,702 Posts
Just saw on the news that Edmonton had a torrential rainfall early this morning, even causing some flooding. Probably all over and back in the 30's by now. That's summer in Canada:).

Bob

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hot

Unbelivable lightning and thunder show last night, I have never heard thunder that LOUD in all my years in the Edmonton area.. I watched and listened 'till about 1:00 AM in the morning, got a little rain along with the light show...
This morning, we had no TV or Internet till about Noon due to severe lightning strikes, then we heard the results..
The storm circled Edmonton a few times, my wife watched out the windows until 4:00 AM as rain and hail poured down so much as to appear to be snowfall on the lawn.. She could read a magazine by the intense sheet lightning, I was fast asleep:sleep:
When we finally got TV cable back, the news reported heavy fllooding in south Edmonton , the freeways were blocked off because the water was so deep cars could not pass, there were a few unfortunate vehicles caught in the deluge.. some basements had 4 inches of water...
30 degrees all day today again...
Just heard on the late news that a home in Sherwood Park, just east of Edmonton, received a direct strike , the owner was asleep in the basement to avoid the heat and did not suffer andy harm...
The storm was last seen heading EAST...

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
We're roasting out here on the open prairies too.

Tonight it's finally cooled off ok to about 65 but supposed to be back in the 90's a bunch more times in the next week. I'm ready for winter...

·
Premium Member
3,151 Posts
I have loved winter my whole life. Summer stresses me out, makes me lazy when it's hot, so on and so on. The only time I enjoy summer is when I'm at the lake.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts