Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year HAN was awesome. The Barrett Jackson Auction was 50x better than what we have had. I heard 6000 cars were registered but believe me there were a lot more than that around since all the locals get there cars out. The cars were great but the people were even better. Loved every minute of it.

Next year, the age range for cars is being moved from 1972 to 1976. Bring on the Mustang II's and Monzas!

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts
Steve Magnante called me from Reno and said the street scene was really great, and he's not even a fan of that kind of event. I haven't heard any auction results from him yet. I know the California auction is pretty much dead due to lack of attendance.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's good to hear. Not sure about the auction results. I think, only my opinion, the B-J folks were getting a bit testy on Sat afternoon when a few cars went across and sold pretty low. It seemed to pick up later. I want to watch the Speed coverage to see what they had to say.

·
Registered
831 Posts
So far I've only watched the Thursday coverage (DVR'ed all of it), but I couldn't believe how low some of the prices were! It was encouraging to see the gun metal grey Nova sell for $34k though! Wish I could have made it, looked like a lot of fun.

·
Registered
38 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We saw your car downtown. Great looking ride. You weren't around but we talked to your brother for awhile.

I had a blast at hot August Nights also! Some of those cars were being given away sucked for the owners! My car made it into the Barrett Jackson cup they only took 45 cars out of the more than 6000 entries. I have attached a link to the Barrett Jackson Facebook page where all 45 cars are shown, mine is the white nova.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151543330477344.1073741840.42666707343&type=1

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
I had a blast at hot August Nights also! Some of those cars were being given away sucked for the owners! My car made it into the Barrett Jackson cup they only took 45 cars out of the more than 6000 entries. I have attached a link to the Barrett Jackson Facebook page where all 45 cars are shown, mine is the white nova.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151543330477344.1073741840.42666707343&type=1

Hey Jeff, Dave and I walked through the ballroom Saturday afternoon. Very cool to see a SNS members car in the top 45. Congratulations. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Nice looking car! I did notice the low dollar amount on some of the vehicles that were going across the block..

How was the "thug life" scene? I went a few years back and it really left a bad taste in my mouth.

If it's been cleaned up I'll be attending next year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts