Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing an ammeter gauge. I know,, a voltmeter is probably better but that's the gauge that came included in the package. Anyhow the instructions say to connect it on GM vehicles to the horn relay. Where is this located on a 74 Nova?

·
Registered
566 Posts
Don't do it. Let it fill the hole in the cluster till you can get a voltage guage to match the set.

When they fail, they tend to go up in flames. My mom lost a perfectly good 79 Ford LTD which I had rebuilt the drivetrain due to an ammeter failure. the car was a total loss after the fire.

·
Registered
2,582 Posts
Im not sure on the 74s but on my 71 the horn relay is right beside the external regulator. ie

on the radiator support, drivers side.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
right on

I think I know what your talking about. I added a picture.

If im correct then all that is needed next is to find out which wire comes out of the back to the ignition system right?

·
Registered
81 Posts
horn relay

I think I know what your talking about. I added a picture.

If im correct then all that is needed next is to find out which wire comes out of the back to the ignition system right?
correct when i took my car apart the horn worked put the car back together hooked up the relay car started no horn i forgot i tucked the horn wires in the loom hooked it back up works fine

·
Registered
81 Posts
horn relay

correct when i took my car apart the horn worked put the car back together hooked up the relay car started no horn i forgot i tucked the horn wires in the loom hooked it back up works fine
ps if you ever need room i put a different brake booster in mine from a 64 buick 6 inches round gave me room for tall valve covers just like to share options

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
booster

good idea i have a big block i pulled from wrecking yard that booster will help with the install

1 - 12 of 12 Posts