Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey im a new member and this is my first post.....just recently i went to hit my horn and it didnt work..proir to that day the horn was working just fine. When i got home i was messing with the horn and i found that everytime u hit the horn i would hear a clicking sound underneath the dash...please help me out

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
The clicking sound you hear is probably the horn relay. That is good in a way because it means that the stuff inside the steering column is all working. Check for voltage at the horn itself with a volt meter or test light by having someone depress the horn inside the car and plug your volt meter or test light into the plug that feeds the horn itself under the hoodand see if the problem is in the wiring or if the horn is burned out. This will give you a way to start eliminating things.

·
14,588 Posts
horn not working

Check to see if one of the wires has broken or fallen off of the horn relay. I just had the same thing on my wifes 72 and found that one of the wires had come off of the relay. Our relay did the same thing, it just clicked. Rehooked up the 2nd wire again and it worked.

·
Registered
5 Posts
HELP Horn button

I do I hook up the horn "key" inside the steering? I have the one with the plastic thing after the spring and cant get it in the hole. Do I have the wrong key or am I just doing it wrong. I have wired 2 new horns because there were none when I got my 71 with new wiring harness. All that's left is to run the wire from relay that came with horns to wiring block and hook up in steering wheel. Thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
611 Posts
If you find the wiring is good, try spraying the inside of the horn with WD40...you might have to take it off and shake it around too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts