Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those in the area that may not have gone on Power Tour, I will be up at the Hooters Cup Car Show in Schaumburg, IL today (it's by the Woodfield Mall off of Golf Rd.) and hope some other SNS members might make it up there too. Procharged...if you make it up there I will have one of my black shirts with me to take if you want. You know what I'm talking about.

Have a great Sunday!!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It was a decent show, highlight of my day was getting some TMI wings for lunch. I have realized that I don't like car shows where the only people allowed to vote on the cars are the people that have the cars. It just turns into a "hey, vote for my car and I'll vote for yours" deal. I'm new to entering shows where people vote so I'm not sure how common this practice is, but it's F'n retarded.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
It was a decent show, highlight of my day was getting some TMI wings for lunch. I have realized that I don't like car shows where the only people allowed to vote on the cars are the people that have the cars. It just turns into a "hey, vote for my car and I'll vote for yours" deal. I'm new to entering shows where people vote so I'm not sure how common this practice is, but it's F'n retarded.

Since you are "New" to Car Shows....................................Rule #1....Don't get caught up in the Award/Trophy thing........Enjoy your Car.....You know what it is.....And Isn't.......Ego's "Ruin" the fun of the Car hobby.................................Just enjoy!!

Ken

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wings were fantastic!! I enjoy that TMI on the way in and on the way out...sizzling :D

On the other note, I definitely enjoy my car and I'm trying to enjoy it as much as possible before this Chicago weather turns into upper 80's/lower 90's and muggy as Hades. I try not to get caught up in the whole awards thing, but they are nice to have laying around. I guess I'll stick to the free cruise nights and still meet as many nice people as I did yesterday.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I try not to get caught up in the whole awards thing, but they are nice to have laying around. I guess I'll stick to the free cruise nights and still meet as many nice people as I did yesterday.

:thumbsup:

Ken

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
Where's the pics? Usually when you go to a Hooters car show something will be worth photographing.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I forgot the camera at home :mad: I knew it the minute I got there and was organizing all my junk. If the weather stays decent I should be hitting up Augustinos Fathers Day show and taking my Dad out to dinner up there. It's on Rte. 59 and North Ave. (Rte. 64) in West Chicago if anyone doesn't already have plans. I think it runs from 3PM to 9PM.

As for the Rolling Meadows show it's on Kirchoff Rd. in some sort of parking lot, maybe Dominicks. I'm not sure, but the Rolling Meadows show is on the list of shows to try and make it to this summer.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had fun, but it sure was a long day. The guy next to me was hilarious. Told me he owns every Corvette from 1962 - 1972 and none of them are actually in his name. He buys them, but never transfers the titles over to protect himself during his marriages. I guess it worked as during his second divorce the ex-wife was trying to come after the cars, but the judge told her if she couldn't prove he owned them then she has no right to these "mythical" cars. This man is wise beyond his years and really distrusts women. His car in the show was even entered in under his girlfriends name. Great stuff.

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts
I forgot the camera at home :mad: I knew it the minute I got there and was organizing all my junk. If the weather stays decent I should be hitting up Augustinos Fathers Day show and taking my Dad out to dinner up there. It's on Rte. 59 and North Ave. (Rte. 64) in West Chicago if anyone doesn't already have plans. I think it runs from 3PM to 9PM.

As for the Rolling Meadows show it's on Kirchoff Rd. in some sort of parking lot, maybe Dominicks. I'm not sure, but the Rolling Meadows show is on the list of shows to try and make it to this summer.

Might make Augies later on in the evening.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm heading out....

timstik and procharged...I'm heading up to Augustinos after I shower and get my stuff together. Feel free to come on up and get yourselves a hoagie :D I'll bring the camera this time in case there is any "talent" up there. Also, I will have one of my black shirts with me procharged if you want it. Later guys.

·
Premium Member
6,852 Posts

HERE is where I read that. I thought Fathers day was on Sunday??????????????

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You thought wrong Tim. That's why I posted on there around 2:30PM on Saturday that I was heading up there ASAP. Pretty decent show, but way too many Mustangs for my liking. Got to hang out with my new buddy I met at the Schaumburg Hooters show. Good times.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No, this show was for any car that wanted to show up. It seems that most of these car shows I go to where you have to pay and they hand out awards there aren't too many Novas. There were three including myself at the Augustinos show this past Saturday and only one other Nova at the Schaumburg show.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts