Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll finally be putting my '64 Mordoor on the rotisserie this weekend. Am I correct in thinking that I mount the rear of the rotisserie to the rear bumper mounts? If not, where do I mount it to? The rear mounts just don't seem like they can hold the weight of the car. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The rotisserie I put my car on was home made and the back mounted where the leaf spring perches mounted. Had a set of shackles and just bolted up. I made mounts for the front to match the front bolt pattern.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll be putting a home made one on my car also. The guy who built it is going to help me put it on the car. I left the shackles on my car. I'll see if he can attach to them somehow. Anyone else have any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the home made rotisserie that I'll be using does not use any kind of jacks. I asked the guy who made it about this and he assured me that he did his 69 camaro and an el camino using this rotisserie. We are going to use chain hoists to lift the car high enough to put it on the rotisserie. It will be attached to the front of the car at the lower mount points. The rear will be mounted to the shackles. Can you post a pic of exactly how you mounted yours to the rear?

·
Registered
5,106 Posts
I'll finally be putting my '64 Mordoor on the rotisserie this weekend. Am I correct in thinking that I mount the rear of the rotisserie to the rear bumper mounts? If not, where do I mount it to? The rear mounts just don't seem like they can hold the weight of the car. Thanks for any advice.
This is where I mounted mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'll be putting a home made one on my car also. The guy who built it is going to help me put it on the car. I left the shackles on my car. I'll see if he can attach to them somehow. Anyone else have any other suggestions?
I mounted mine on the rear shackles too. The only thing that wasnt a real problem was the bars were about an inch too short. When raising and lower to get balance they barley rubbed the rear of the car with the set screws. Mine was factory rotisserie and yours may not have that problem. The front just bolted straight to frame .

·
Registered
65 Posts
the home made rotisserie that I'll be using does not use any kind of jacks. I asked the guy who made it about this and he assured me that he did his 69 camaro and an el camino using this rotisserie. We are going to use chain hoists to lift the car high enough to put it on the rotisserie. It will be attached to the front of the car at the lower mount points. The rear will be mounted to the shackles. Can you post a pic of exactly how you mounted yours to the rear?
I like the ability to raise and lower so when on its side I can adjust it to work on it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll have to see how she sits on her side. 6'5 here so may not be too bad.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the ability to raise and lower so when on its side I can adjust it to work on it.
thank you for sharing the pics. I have the guy I bought the rotisserie coming over to attach it to the car. I'll be sharing these pics with him.

·
Registered
225 Posts
here is the build thread for the one i made and how it attached to my 65

·
Registered
878 Posts
20200117_172433.jpg

This is how I mounted my car to the rotisserie. I figured if the complete car can be jacked up by the bumper then mounting the empty shell to the bumper mount would be fine.

·
Premium Member
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I mounted mine to the rear bumper brackets, that was no issue. My rotisserie was made by my sheet metal guy when he was working on his Camaro. It doesn't have jacks and it looks like my car is too close to the ceiling height in my garage to be able to spin it. I'm waiting for him to be here before I try to spin it. It's also too high to get it out of my garage on the rotisserie. That's not an issue right now but it will be when I'm ready to send it out for dustless blasting. I'm hoping we can modify it so I can use jacks to raise and lower it, otherwise I am going to have to purchase a different rotisserie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts