Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after doing some searching i decided on the super comp headers with 1 3/4 primaries and the polished ceramic coating, hope i made a good choice!

·
Registered
101 Posts
So after doing some searching i decided on the super comp headers with 1 3/4 primaries and the polished ceramic coating, hope i made a good choice!
1 3/4" primaries!:eek::eek: Got some major head & cam work planned? What collector size, 3"? Might be overkill for now, but thats just me.

Im not gonna ask about the price tag...

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, they are a bit on the big size but its going to run through a 2 1/4 inch exhaust for a while before i build a 2 1/2 inch exhaust, i don't drive it very much anymore anyway.

·
Premium Member
13,309 Posts
you would be dollars ahead and performance ahead with a 1.625 header...

Also contact Jethot before you order... often Jethot can order plain steel headers and coat them better and give you a savings.

you have no real need for super comp headers.. a set of plain jane hedman, hooker, summit headers will suite you needs better...

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
true to what veno says but I think you'll like the 1 3/4" headers. Fitment is really nice. If you decide to upgrade the engine later on your set you don't have to buy another set of headers.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my body shop told me to pick whatever header i wanted so i picked these and they said they would take care of it so i figured it would be a good choice

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
I've got them on my nova. The # 5 plug is a bitch tho. I got them cause the 1-5/8 headmens were blocking all 4 corners of the exhaust ports.

On MY combo, it netted me .4+ and 5 mph. In all fairness I went with a DR Gas "3-2.5 X pipe and a single pln intake at the same time.

Old intake was a '70 lt-1 hi rise.

I've since went back to a dual plane (air gap) and the car runs the same et's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts