Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I don't have the chrome, but I have the black, and they have been on for just over a year, since Christmas last year, and the car was driven probably 10-15 times. The paint is already turning to rust. They will need to be repainted this summer. In the long run I say the black is a waste. Other than that, good headers. Also, had to dent a tube on the drivers side to install without taking the steering apart, the plugs on the pass side are a pain when changing, probably could have been designed a little better. I believe mine are the super comps.

·
Premium Member
2,614 Posts
I've got some Hooker Comps in my 72 ( 331/T350 ). Dvr side fits good no issues. Passenger side could be better, collector is a bit high, could have dropped down more to clear the crossmember. Rear header bolt access at #7 is a bit of a pain too. The cheap set of unknown headers I used for break in fit better in all areas than the Comps. Coating appears to be holding up well.

·
Premium Member
3,532 Posts
I am running those exact headers on my 68. Fitment is great with manual steering but plug access is a little tight on a few plugs. Coating has held up well with about 3000 miles on them. The rear header bolts on each side are a complete pain in the ***** to tighten.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have only ran the 2207s so I dont know about 2251 fitment however ...

On mine the ceramic coating discolored at the first bend of the primary tube. Given I have a supercharger but I would have still expected the coating to hold up a little better.

The std mfg black paint is only applied to prevent rust during shipping. It burns off on startup. I usually sand / beat blast when new and apply VHT high temp which holds up well. Regardless below are pictures of that header so you can see what I mean regarding the finish after use ...

(note: selling this passanger side 2207 as its an extra after a "mishap" last fall - can purchase driver side from Hooker to complete the set. Might save someone some cash ... PM if interested)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I also bought mine from jethot....They are real nice and if you have any problems with the coating they usualy will coat it again for free...

·
Registered
268 Posts
I have ran Super Comp 1 7/8" for quite a few years. Don't know why?? I keep saying I'm going to run something else when they go out but I keep buying them. I'm running a blown set up and after about 3-4 years they start coming apart at the collector, #1,#2 cylinders on the top flange has a tendancy to crack around the flange,probably because of the tight bend on those cylinders. I've had three sets and every one off them did the same thing around the same time span. First two sets I had the ceramic coating on them, stayed on for a couple years, got dull after a short period of time. Last set had JETHOT coated, lasted the same, dulled up like the ceramic coated but not as fast. Needing a new set again and will probably buy the same thing again. I just keep welding them up to get by till I feel like spending the money.:yes:

·
Premium Member
2,246 Posts
Headers...

Not sure if you're talking BB or SB...but I prefer to buy the headers for the BB cars uncoated....fit them to the car as needed and then send out for coating. This has worked well for us and makes for a nice finished job. We have always used the Hooker Comps....

wilma

1 - 10 of 10 Posts