Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting the final touches on... The hood is really awful, it had a big hole cut in it for one of the snorkel style scoops when I bought it. I put a fiberglass cowl induction scoop on to hide the hole, and painted the white stripe on to hide the bodywork about 15 years ago, and that's the way it's been since. One bit I always hated was that they did zero prep to the underside of the hood before they sprayed red on it. The result was that the red paint was flaking off bad all over the place because it was all oily. Go figure. Someday I'll hit the lottery and get a goodmark cowl hood for it and have the whole car repainted. In the meantime...I figured it deserved at least a spraycan rebop before it went back on the car. After all, I spraybombed the engine compartment, so...the hood was really going to look bad by comparison.

This afternoon I went at it with a wire paint stripping wheel, and wiped it all down good with brakleen, and shot a couple of spraycans on it. Not perfect, but...much better than before.

·
Registered
3,849 Posts
Geeze!! Night and day. Looks great. And with the proper prep work you did it will hold on tight. Gotta love the instant gratification a paint job gives. JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts