Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I know this has been posted somewhere before but couldn't find where. I've got a set of louvers I'd like to put on my 74, I just don't quite know the placement, I checked under the hood for marks and couldn't find any. Any info would be appreciated.

·
Registered
440 Posts
The louvers are approximately 5-3/4" from the back edge of the hood to the edge of the outer chrome bezel (at the center of the louver). And they are approximately 6-3/4" apart, between the edges of the bezels in the middle.

That being said.... I was fairly certain that the underside of the hood has some clues as to where the holes should go. The holes in the chrome bezels are not reversible ie. the bezels cannot be turned 180 and still fit the same.

Good luck with it.

Gary

·
Premium Member
10,210 Posts
normally speaking one of the underhood bracing will have the holes for the louvers already punched through...so all you have to do is drill the holes through the skin and then line up the louvers with the holes, mark the pins and drill them...you should be good to go then....:)

EDIT: BTW since I dont believe that the '74's actually came with the hood louvers from so GM the holes, in the bracing, I am talking about may not be there...so then you will need to get some measurements to get them right;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Send me your email and I'll shoot you some pics with measurements on the hood
Dann

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the replies guys! I'm gonna try and get something done on it this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts