Chevy Nova Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I completed the installation of hood louvers today on my non SS 1972 Chevy Nova. I ordered the kit from Classic Industries, part number *K9151 is for 68-72 Novas and it's $249 bucks. It was pretty straight forward drilling the holes. I found a template here on the forum (thanks to whomever created it), but in the end I didn't need it. It turns out the hood has 4 holes already stamped into the underside of the original non SS hood (the ones closest to the front of the hood). So once I had those located and drilled, I just used the chrome louver trim ring holes to mark the others holes and drill them, install, and done. It took about 1.5 hour, I hope it helps others, thought I share the results. Doing it with the hood off makes it a lot easier obviously.

Edit: I forgot to mention Classic Industries part# 14331 hood louver support brackets. These came standard on SS cars, but not on my car. In looking at them I think it would require welding them to the underside of the hood. I chose not to install them at this time.

Good luck!

Rectangle Slope Line Font Parallel

Hood Naval architecture Vehicle Table Wood

Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood Automotive design Bicycles--Equipment and supplies

Grille Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive parking light

·
Registered
Brandon, MS
712 Posts
Looks good.

Did you install the support brackets at the two rear attach points on each louver? These brackets came on the SS hoods but not on the non-SS hoods. They can be bought separately from the resto parts companies.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks good.

Did you install the support brackets at the two rear attach points on each louver? These brackets came on the SS hoods but not on the non-SS hoods. They can be bought separately from the resto parts companies.
Great question. I forgot to mention that, thank you. I ordered them but did not install them. After looking at them I think it's going to require some welding to attach them? For now I left them off, I was worried it might cause a paint problem.

·
Vendor
2,261 Posts
What did you use for the seals? The adhesive-backed roll seal that comes with the kit or the "molded" seals available separately?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did you use for the seals? The adhesive-backed roll seal that comes with the kit or the "molded" seals available separately?
The kit comes with adhesive backed roll seal (kinda lame) so I used that. The molded seal from Classic Industries is part K964 but they show out of stock. I did place a backorder and will swap it out later if/when they arrive.

·
Vendor
2,261 Posts
We have a couple sets of the "die cut" hood louver seals on the shelf. I have been wanting to find someone to test fit them for awhile. Send me a PM and lets get you a pair.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts