Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Can someone post a picture of the underside of their original SS hood in the area where the pieces go? It would help me also. thanks

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
69 with an SS Hood
all the 68-72 nova hoods are the same. the only difference between the SS hood the non SS hood are those 2 louver support brackets that can be bought anywhere for $19.95...(resto companies or even ebay).....

if you look under a non SS hood you will see the support bracing is already piecercd underneath to except the hood louvers....oh except only 68 was not peicered but 69-72 was... you only have to drill the holes on top. the exact locations of where the holes should be drilled is on this site somewhere....

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Can someone post a picture of the underside of their original SS hood in the area where the pieces go? It would help me also. thanks
ask the moderator for the picture on thos site showing where to drill the holes from the top, and once you have done that, you will know exactly where to put the support brackets underneath.......

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here is the dimension pic I have. Probably the one from this site.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I would still like to see a picture on the underneath of an SS hood where the support brackets get placed if someone would post one. Thanks

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
Hey Pat, if you look under the hood it will already have 2 holes (middle 2) in the bracing that may be used for a reference point too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts