Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
6,501 Posts
I've never seen one but then again, never really looked that close for one.

Per a bulletin if you have a 68 and the VIN was before W227703, then you can use a 4" section of hose split lengthwise to where it hits 3 or more grille bars.

From what I understand it was to eliminate a wind noise. My 68 has the noise but I have yet to try the service bulletin fix to see if it actually works.

Jim

·
Premium Member
1,991 Posts
I have a 3rd gen Nova guy...I will ask him if he has ever seen or have one.

Dave
67 Nova Boy

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
So, just for "grins" - - - I went out & looked on my 69 , hood latch brace . . . No rubber spacer.

and, here is why I say that . . . . . . I have a friend (local guy with a 69, that he is putting back on the road).

He comes by and looks over my spare parts - - - - I just gave him a center grille 'hood latch support brace
about two weeks ago . When I removed that support brace . . . . . . "I even said = Look with the
Rubber bumper , too " .

(I also told him - - - - that nothing else comes - off that front - end) .
I didn't even know that rubber bumper was there .

(may-be I should just stop giving away parts . . . . :unsure: . . . . )

later , jim

Reactions: parkbrau

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Or quit losing them in the garage like I do. I know I have this part somewhere in some box. I just replated the Clip that holds the rubber seal on the drivers side bulkhead, and was polishing it up on the buff wheel and it took off like a rocket. Landed somewhere in the garage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts