Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have open fenders on my car and have know where to mount my hood hinges. I was going to run a fiberglass pin one hood but came across a nice factory 64 hood with all the trim. Any ideas on where to locate brackets or does anyone fab anything like this? Thanks jon

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
You might be able to use the bracket that is used with Heidts or TCI but they uselly bolt through the inter fender for support.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I've trimmed the tops off the stock inner fenders and used them, and also have used the Chassiworks hinge plates that are pictured. Both worked for what they were intended to do.

Walt

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I will probably just roll with the chassisworks mounts, they might be little easier to come by vs the original inner fenders. They look good and will work. Thanks for the input fellas.

·
Registered
522 Posts
What hinges did you end up with?

Yeah, I will probably just roll with the chassisworks mounts, they might be little easier to come by vs the original inner fenders. They look good and will work. Thanks for the input fellas.
I had the same issue on my Ugly Betty 67 Nova. No inner fenders to hang hood hinges on. I ended up mounting a flip forward hood on mine. Just wondering what you ended up doing on yours.

do you have a build thread?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts