Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:confused::confused:Guys I think I am missing something, probably right in front of my face. I test fit my new steel Goodmark cowl hood,looked great.:yes:painted hood,and hinges.Put the hood back on and I can't get the passenger side down all the way. :mad: The hinge is all the way down on the inner fender, and adjusted what looks good forward ,and back. Seems to be up alot. Helllllllp:eek:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Excesive paint

What your problem might be is paint in the hinge pivot points, not allowing the hinge to calapse all the way. you said it fit good before paint??? Have a look at the your hinge....:rolleyes:

·
Registered
906 Posts
this is a common problem on 1st.gens,take the hood hinges off and elongate the rear bolt hole towards the top of the hole,take off about a 1/8 inch more material,thats what i did to my stock steel hood setup,passenger side was always sticking up a little bit,this mod. fixed it,lube the pivot points also,adjust the rear mounting point down,front of hinge up to bring the hood down in the back,its backwards than what you would think the adjustment should be
don

1 - 4 of 4 Posts