Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've recently replaced glass fenders with factory metal, and installed hinges for my glass cowl hood. The action works fine, but when close to closing, the hood alignment is way off, maybe an inch towards the pass side. Would I bend the hinges, or try and loosen all the panels again for any additional clearance?

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
No pics!:(

·
5,145 Posts
Pics aren't working for me either.

Don't bend the hinges, that is seldom the problem.

Is the rad. support centered on the frame?

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The rad support is straight. The stock hood was dead on before swapping out the fenders a while back, so I doubt it's the RS. The hinges are from a yard. I haven't tried to play with the fenders yet, but they're aligned pretty good. I'm at work today and see the photos just fine.

·
Registered
857 Posts
measure between the fenders diagonally from front to back to make sure the opening is square. you may need to move the rad support slightly to one side or the other. If the opening is square, move the hood to hinge adjustment. Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
measure between the fenders diagonally from front to back to make sure the opening is square. you may need to move the rad support slightly to one side or the other. If the opening is square, move the hood to hinge adjustment. Hope this helps.
It does. Sometimes the obvious escapes you! I did not know there was adjustment in the rad sup.

·
Premium Member
31,194 Posts
I see your pics now, let us know what you figure out!:yes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts