Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How come most of the 66 pictures I have seen the hood emblem is missing or not put on? I am thinking of putting one on mine but was wondering why others don't put it on theirs?

Brian

·
13,812 Posts
Numerous reasons, I guess. Don't have an emblem...think it looks better without one....hood is a '67......bought a used hood with the holes filled in....cowl hood doesn't have holes...never got around to drilling holes and putting the emblem on, etc. I have an album of over 30 1966 L79s and only one doesn't have a hood emblem.

Bob

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hood emblem...

I have been looking for images and I haven't quite found a picture of a cool pro-street looking 66 with a hood emblem. Although I am not trying to follow anyone's design ideas. The only images I found were more from the original look and a lot less like a hotrod/muscle car/pro-street.
I was wondering if people's general consensus was that it didn't look good or it's less desirable...

Now you have me thinking thought my hood doesn't have holes in it! I am going to check but maybe I have the wrong hood...:eek:

Brian

·
Registered
26,336 Posts
I HAVE A RECHROMED ONE, NEEDS THE PAINT PART DONE, PM ME! :yes:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts