Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just changed jobs and today was completing the paperwork.
One of the "required" forms was for Dpt of Homeland Security......really....what is that all about? When did this start?
What business of theirs is my changing jobs? As if the Feds don't get that info any way for tax purposes...!!!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
First, the only job change I made in the last 30 years was to retire, so forgive that lack of experience.

What were the forms for? The new job? What kind of work? it could be really important if you are going to work at an auto parts store:D. Actually I Can understand some jobs, but if it's universal, it sounds like a bit much. In Washington State you have to provide your social security number to get a hunting of fishing license.....so they can track down the bums who don't pay their child support.

·
Premium Member
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
First, the only job change I made in the last 30 years was to retire, so forgive that lack of experience.

What were the forms for? The new job? What kind of work? it could be really important if you are going to work at an auto parts store:D.
Interesting. Is it the I-9? Looks to be immigration related.
LOL on the auto parts store.....but no a simple warehouseman job.

It may have been an I9 but I cant say for sure. It seems redundant as there were other forms, W2, etc that covered citizenship as well though.

I just have an aversion to Gov paperwork. Started over the years I ran the gun shop. Always recall getting new paperwork from BATF to keep in compliance with the Clinton admin's "Federal Paperwork Reduction Act".
One of the new "reduced forms" went from 2 pages to 4 pages, seriously, no kidding! And that was the reduction act effect. Only in federal gov would doubling the size of a form be called a reduction.:confused::turn:

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Only in federal gov would doubling the size of a form be called a reduction.:confused::turn:
:D You should see some of the "paperless" initiatives currently in progress!

Effective next week, the chocolate ration will be increased to 20 grams per week!
(George Orwell, paraphrased)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts