Chevy Nova Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would a blown power valve on my 750 DP make the car feel like its running on 7 cylinders and then @ 3000 RPM clear out and run perfect? The car feels like its got a low end shudder like hesitation but once it gets cranked up it runs perfect. Also is there just a power valve in the primaries or secondaries as well? Edit: Damn I spelled Holley wrong in my subject line.

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
power valve

burning eyes and smellie exhaust is a sure sign it needs one. It may just be stuck , its a 10 dollar fix if you have a couple gaskets on hand

what your desrcibing also sounds like it could be the problem too

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
if ,,

if its an older carb without PV blow out protection ,, i'd put a new one in it cause it takes only one good pop through the carb to blow one. Sometimes you can get lucky and it won't but often it does blow the diaphram for the PV.

Usually there is one PV in the front , but some older and sometimes newer carbs might have one in the rear , check it then take a perm marker and write something on the back bowl if it doesn't have one like , NPV, _ _ jet ,, easier to remember if you have several carbs around too

1 - 5 of 5 Posts